Gosford wharf played a significant role in Gosford’s commercial and social life from the time when access for most was by water, not by road. Gosford wharf was connected to Mann street via one of our oldest roads, Wharf Road now Vaughan Avenue. Vaughan Avenue was realigned during major reclamation works. 
1980 – The original Gosford wharf was constructed. 1
1930’s – During the late 1930s, the very short original 1880 wharf was demolished and a new wharf constructed when the foreshore was filled. 2 No evidence of the original wharf is visible today but as the surrounding areas of the wharf are extensively reclaimed land through infilling the original structure may have formed part of the infill.