This corner was known as Campbell’s corner in the 1910’s and then as Hills corner soon after. These names were given by local residents after the shop owners that occupied the location.
The Regal Theatre opened in 1937 with a seating capacity of 982 over two levels. Its Art Deco design was thanks to Aaron Bolot, an architect of a number of historically significant buildings including the Ritz Cinema Randwick. The Regal Theatre was demolished in November 1978 and the debris buried in the grounds of St Edward’s College, East Gosford. The current building as in bottom photo was occupied by Commonwealth bank until December 2012 when they relocated to the corner of Mann and Erina street.